What is FASTAG and how does it work?
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched the Toll Plaza Online System
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) changed Toll Plaza to Online System to avoid the hassle of FasTag at Toll Plaza. Fastag was launched in India on 4 November 2014. The toll plaza collection collected from this is called the electronic collection, since the beginning of fasting in India, many problems like a traffic jams on toll plazas have been got rid.
Earlier you had to stop your vehicle to cross the toll plaza. But now you have to put Fastag on your vehicle's windscreen, and this Radio Frequency Identification Tag (RFID) automatically deducts money from your bank account or wallet. As much as there is a toll plaza. When you pass your vehicle under the toll plaza, the scanner installed there scans the fasting of your vehicle. As you mentioned above, it scans the tag with the help of radio frequency identification. This saves you a lot of time. So let us know now, what is FasTag?
Fastag is a type of electronic technology that allows toll plaza payments to be made online. Earlier, cash payment was taken by National Highway at Toll Plaza. In which he had to face a lot of troubles. But on November 4, 2014, FASTag was launched in India.
It pays the toll directly to the toll owner through Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. Fastag is affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle. As soon as it comes close to the toll plaza scanner, online payment is made.
In which you don't even need to stop there. You can also buy Fastag through official banks, if it is linked to your prepaid account, you need to recharge or top up. According to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), cashback offers of up to 7.5% are also offered to promote Fastag.
Fastag Toll Plaza is a prepaid rechargeable tag for the collection, pasted on the vehicle's windscreen. As you mentioned above, it works with the help of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). When you cross any toll plaza, and your vehicle falls within the toll plaza's sensor range, your toll plaza payment is automatically made from a linked bank account or prepaid wallet.
When your wallet runs out of money, you have to recharge FASTag again. FASTag is valid for the next 5 years from the date of issue. At the end of 5 years, you have to put a new hashtag on the windscreen of your vehicle. In addition, the recharge you make in your Fastag wallet does not have any duration, this balance is always active in your account.
1. Get rid of traffic
The National Highways Authority of India has connected the toll plaza with a Fast tag to relieve motorists from traffic jams. Earlier there were a lot of problems due to a lack of open money at the toll plaza. Due to this, a long long line would be formed. But now all these troubles have been solved due to Fastag.
2. Saving petrol and diesel
Drivers have also seen savings in petrol and diesel from the Fastag facility. At first, they used to line up and start the vehicle. Due to which a lot of petrol and diesel cost. But due to the fasting facility, a lot of savings have been made on petrol and diesel.
3. Fastag cashback feature
Fastag has been giving its customers a good amount of cashback from the very beginning. Initially, you could get up to 10% cashback on payments from Fastag. However, now it has come down to 2.5%. But still, if you pay with Fastag, you get Cashback.
4. Payment information via SMS
When you park your vehicle at a toll plaza, you get paid by the fasting on the windscreen of your vehicle. As soon as the charges are deducted from your account, and SMS arrives at your registered mobile number, containing all the information related to the payment.
5. Better feature for local logo
Some villages are near National Highway. Which has to be done at the toll plaza every day. In this case, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has identified all such villages which fall within 20 kilometers of the National Highway. A monthly Pass facility is provided for them. For this, the locals have to pay Rs. 275 once a month. For this, local people can make a monthly pass by showing their Aadhaar card or voter ID.
Fastag is associated with many banks, from which you can recharge Fastag. However, some people have a question, what is Fastag Recharge? Let me tell you, the amount deposited for toll taxis in Fastag is called Fastag recharge. You can recharge in Fastag through your credit card, debit card, and net banking. The minimum recharge in Fastag is Rs. 100. Apart from this, you can go to the toll plaza or agency within your point of sale (POS) and create a Fastag account, or get a sticker. When you open your Fastag account, you need the following documents - A vehicle Registration Certificate (RC), a passport size photo, an Aadhaar card, or any other ID with your home address.
Some people still do not know where to get Fastag. You have to buy Fastag, you can go to any of the nearest toll plazas in your city. In which you have to carry the above-mentioned documents. Such as - vehicle registration, an ID, and a passport size photo. With all these documents you can go to any of its banks and buy, some of which are as follows - SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Bank besides PayTm Bank, and some e-commerce platforms. . From where you can order fast online.
Fastag has been started by the National Highway Authority of India to solve the problems arising from the toll collection system at toll plazas in India. This system was first introduced in the year 2014 Which is now being implemented across the country With the help of this FASTag system the people of the country will be able to get rid of the problems that occur while paying toll tax at the toll plaza and all the people will be able to pay the toll tax very easily without stopping their vehicle at the toll plaza.
This is a type of chip that you have to put in your car This chip will be applied on the windshield of the vehicle This chip has radio frequency identification When you attach the fasting chip to your vehicle, then when your vehicle approaches the toll plaza, the sensor that is attached to the toll plaza will come in contact with the hashtag in the windscreen of your vehicle as soon as it comes from your fasting account. Toll plaza charges are deducted and you can pay your toll tax without stopping the vehicle.
Let me tell you that Fashtag will soon be made available at petrol pumps across the country to speed up the collection of tolls electronically on the road, which will be used later in purchasing petrol and paying parking fees. Paying toll tax will eliminate the hassle of getting long lines of trains and having open money. With the help of this FASTag, all the people will be saved time.
With the advent of new technology on toll plazas, the trend of fast tags has increased rapidly. With the advent of the Fast tag, people have gotten some relief from problems like traffic jams at toll plazas. Even if there is no cash, payment can be made easily through it. In addition, you get cash back and other offers on the use of Fastag.
According to a report by the State Bank of India, transactions through Fastag have increased by 53 percent annually. In February 2022, 24.364 crore transactions were made from Fastag, as against 15.896 crores in the same period a year ago. If you are also using it then you can select SBI FASTag.
To buy SBI FASTag one has to apply to the bank. With which you have to give the registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle, photo of the vehicle owner, and ID and address proof. There are two ways to open an account. Limited KYC Holders' accounts cannot have more than 10 thousand rupees. On the other hand, up to Rs 1 lakh can be deposited in another full KYC holder's account.
How To Recharge Fastag Online With Google Pay
- First, you need to open the Google Play application on your smartphone. In which you will be asked for the security PIN given by you.
- After that, you have to click on New Button. Here you will find some options. In which you go ahead by clicking on UPI.
- Then a Pay To tab will open on the page that will open in front of you. Click on UPI ID to make your payment. Here you have to enter your UPI ID.
- This will be followed by a verify button, which you have to click. When you click on this button, a bank payment option will open in front of you.
- Here you select your existing bank to make the payment. Then click on the Payment button. Here you have to put in as much money as you want to recharge in Fastag.
- If you are paying online for the first time, you should initially send Rs. 1 for bank testing. Only make full payment after the one rupee you have sent goes into your account. After the payment, an SMS will be sent to your Fastag registered mobile number in which you will get all the information related to recharge.
How To Recharge Fastag With Phone Pay App
- First, you have to open the Phone Pay App on your smartphone.
- After that, you have to click on To Bank / UPI ID. Then you will find the + Plus Button on the Right Side.
- By clicking on this button you have to select the UPI option. Here you have to enter the UPI ID created by the registered phone number of your Fastag.
- After entering your UPI ID, you can recharge by entering the amount you want to recharge here.
- Apart from this, you can also recharge your Fastag by Phone and Pay from the bank.
How to Register Online for Fastag (Fastag Apply Online)
- If you have any vehicle or car, or truck, then you must know how to apply Fastag Online. Because now it
- is very important to have fasted in every vehicle. So let us know, how to apply online for Fastag -
- First, you have to go to the official website of Fastag and get an application form. Click to get the application form
- Let me tell you that before leaving the Fastag application form, you should choose the bank from which you want to get Fastag. When you have to select the bank, a new TAB opens in front of you.
- In this new TAB, you can fill in all the required correct information and apply online for Fastag.
- When you come to this page, a FASTag link will appear in front of you, which you have to click on.
- Here you will see a small disclaimer, which you can click on the Agree button.
- When you click on it, the new form in front of you will open again. Here you have to fill in all the information related to your vehicle, and some documents also have to be attached.
- After filling in all the information and documents you have to submit at the end, after this, you will get all the information about how you will get Fastag.
- Also, the bank you selected will prepare a slip in your name and give it to you. Through which you can link your fasting card to your bank.
- I hope you have understood how Fastag Apply Online is done.