Marriage Registration in West Bengal: Online Application, Documents, and Process
The Indian Christen Marriage Act is intended for members of the Christian faith.
Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal issues Marriage registration certificates in the state of West Bengal to the newly wedded couple. For marriage registration, you can apply online through the rgmwb.gov.in website. The online application procedure is available in this article in detail along with the eligibility conditions, documents required detail, and much other significant information. If you desired to apply for the marriage registration, collect the information from here first.
Couples can apply for registration under The Hindu Marriage Act 1955, The Special Marriage Act 1954, The Indian Christen Marriage Act 1872, and The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act 1936. The Hindu marriage act is applicable to all person who is a Hindu by religion in any of its forms or developments, including a Virashaiva, a Lingayat, or a follower of the Brahmo, Prarthana, or Arya Samaj, who is Buddhist, Jaina, or Sikh by religion, who is not a Muslim, Christian, Parsi or Jew by religion. Indian Christen Marriage Act is for the people who belong to the Christian community. Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act is applicable to the Parsi community people. On other people’s Special Marriage Act is applicable.
A marriage certificate is a legal proof that ensures that two people are married. Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal issues Marriage registration certificates in the state of West Bengal to the newly wedded couple. Couples can apply for registration under The Hindu Marriage Act 1955, The Special Marriage Act 1954, The Indian Christen Marriage Act 1872, and The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act 1936.
All Applicants who are willing to apply online application then download the official notification and read all eligibility criteria and application process carefully. We will provide short information about “West Bengal Marriage Registration 2022” like Article benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Key Features of the Article, Application Status, the Application process, and more.
- The age of the bride is must more than 18 years and the groom be 21 years
- Neither party has more than one spouse at the time of marriage
- At the time of marriage, neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent
- Degrees of the prohibited relationship must not be present within the parties and not sapindas of each other unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits marriage between the two
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of invitation Card
- Permanent Address Proof
- Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Present Address Proof
- Signature of Bride and Groom
Apply online for West Bengal Marriage Registration
- To register online you have to rush to the official website of the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal first
- Click the “register your marriage” option which is available on the right-hand side in the mid of the page
- From the opened page click “click here to apply online” and read the instructions
- Click Proceed option and the application form will appear on the screen
- Select the act under which you wish to apply for the registration
- The first part of the form will appear where you have to enter details of your husband (Groom) such as name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number, etc., and upload the documents of the groom
- Then go to the second part of the form which is details of the wife (bride) such as name, father name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number, etc., and upload the documents of the bride
- Now go to the third part of the form detail of social marriage such as the location of social marriage, date of social marriage, and marriage invitation card
- Now go to the fourth part of the form detail of children (it is not a mandatory field you can skip this information if not have it)
- Then choose the marriage registrar by Groom’s address or Bride’s address option
- Marriage registrar detail appears on the screen choose one of them and select marriage officer type, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, and gram panchayat
- Now go to the last stage of the application form where you need to enter detail of registration, select registration location “office of the marriage officer” or “outside the office of the marriage officer (within his/ her jurisdiction)”
- Then enter premises name & number and street/locality name, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, gram panchayat, village, and post office
- Then select within office hours of the marriage officer” or “beyond office hours of the marriage officer”
- Enter the code and click submit option and remember to take a printout of it before submission for further use
Procedure to Raise Objection
- To raise an objection, you have to go to the official website
- From the home page search service option
- Select the “objection” option
- The application form will appear on the screen
- Enter the details as detailed below in the form
- Application number
- Relation with applicant
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Postal address
- Objection reason
- Upload Signature
- Captcha code
- Submit the application form after filling in all the details by clicking the “submit” option
West Bengal Marriage certificate: The State Government of West Bengal has released the online portal for marriage registration, from which people can easily fill and submit the WB Marriage certificate application form. Before the release of the registration portal, all the people have to visit the court for the registration process. The government makes marriage registration mandatory on 14th Feb 2014, but at that time this online portal is not available by the year 2018, to facilitate the services, the government launched the online portal of Marriage Registration, to make the process easy and simple.
For the registration, you do not need to hire an advocate or lawyer, because this marriage registration has not been done in court. For the West Bengal marriage certificate registration process, you need a Marriage officer which was appointed by the Department of Judicial, of the West Bengal Government, or as well as by the Ex Officio Marriage Officers, which were appointed by the Department of Finance.
The government of West Bengal has been released the MC portal on 1st Dec 2018, for the convenience of Bengal’s people. The government makes it online, of course, one reason is to make the process easy, but updating the data online increases the authenticity, which reduces the fake documentation. And easy to get the details about the couple for any legal document process. Hence, it is important for each couple to be registered in the online portal, to get the advantage of government-provided services.
Applying for such a certificate increases the value, and is also essential for the innovative services generated by the government. With the help of the online portal, the government makes the process very fast and also preserves the data on Polygamy, Grant citizenship, legal separation, and other legal and social angles.
The main purpose of this online web portal for the marriage certificate, create more value for the relationship, and most couples take the benefits of the various schemes, which were generated for the families. So if they are registered couples, then only they can take benefit of it. In this way, the government will help the needy families, after the verification, which can be done through this portal.
The state government of West Bengal has introduced an online marriage registration portal (MARREG). Now couples can register their marriage online and get a marriage certificate instantly on MARREG Portal. This is a great initiative that was started by the West Bengal government to provide online marriage registration certificates to newly married couples. The main objective to start the West Bengal Marriage Registration portal is to minimize the use of paper so that married couples will get marriage certificates without visiting the offices. Today in this article we will share with you complete information regarding the WB marriage registration online form and registration rules. Also, the applicant will get a complete registration procedure to get an online marriage certificate.
This is a great initiative that was started by the West Bengal government for marriage registration through the online method. As previously we have to visit offices for marriage registration. But as of now, the web marriage registration portal is designed to minimize the use of paper and married couples are able to get certificates easily. The government has launched a dedicated portal for married couples to be able to make registration online.
The government has introduced an online registration portal at rgmwb.gov.in so candidate can register their marriage with the e-registry system. For the Online marriage registration procedures government is providing training to marriage registrars to handle online applications. The government will provide training to marriage registrars so they are able to handle online applications at the marriage portal. With the implementation of online marriage, registration will reduce marriage registration fees in West Bengal. This procedure will cost less than 1000 Rupees at the present rate of the marriage registry in West Bengal State.
We all know that as per previous procedures married couples have to visit the officers to get their marriage registered and get a marriage registration certificate. But with the implementation of West Bengal's online marriage registration procedure. There is no need to visit officers while you are able to get your marriage registration certificate through online mode. Candidates can pay their marriage registration fee through online mode. This will also increase transparency in marriage registration Procedures at Registrar offices. The state government has launched a dedicated portal where candidates can register their marriage online. Both bride and groom have to fill out a form with supporting documents. After that applicant product certified copies of their registry as acknowledgment. This is a paperless procedure to get an online marriage registration certificate in a quick manner.
There are many queries regarding marriage registration certificates and marriage registration fees. Now west Bengal government decided to provide online certificates regarding marriage registration. For this purpose, the government has launched a dedicated portal, where state people are able to get registration certificates for marriage. This is a great step taken by the west Bengal government regarding a transparent and efficient paperless procedure for online marriage registration. The Complete West Bengal marriage registration procedure is given in the below article.
We all know that West Bengal is a very big state. And Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has implemented various government schemes. If you want to download the West Bengal marriage certificate online. The government has launched an online portal where you are able to download your marriage registration certificate online. On this page, we will share with you some simplest seizures through which you are able to get a marriage certificate check online. Also if you want to download the marriage registration certificate then we share a direct link.
|Scheme Name||online marriage registration|
|Benefits||online marriage registration|
|Main objective||transparent efficient paperless procedure|