Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme 2022 for Development of Craft Sector
The state government with the help of the Karkhandar scheme going to develop craft sector in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir government has launched J&K Karkhandar Scheme 2022 for the development of craft sector in UT. The new Karkhandar Scheme will provide fresh impetus to craft industry, especially to the languishing crafts. In this article, we will tell you about the eligibility, financial assistance provided under the scheme along with other details.
What is Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme 2022
The Jammu & Kashmir Government announced the Karkhandar scheme to develop craft sector in the Union Territory. The scheme will be taken up on a pilot basis by the Department of Handicrafts and Handloom, Kashmir. It is a landmark decision that will give a fresh lease of life to the craft industry of UT and especially to the languishing crafts.
Need for Jammu and Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme
People working in the craft sector are exploited and end up being trapped in a vicious cycle of poverty and pessimism, which in turn, force them to abandon craft activity. In a bid to upscale their learnings techniques, improve their earnings, and inculcate entrepreneurship qualities in them, the Karkhandar Scheme for Development of Craft Sector has been started by the J&K Government.
Vision of Jammu&Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme
The Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar scheme will identify and impart skill upgradation training in crafts that are facing human resource crunches such as walnut wood carving, silver filigree, carpet, Kani shawl weaving, Khatamband and Papier Machie crafts. Besides these, other crafts will also be given due consideration as per the need basis ascertained by respective Assistant Directors of Handicrafts & Handloom Department.
The number of crafts centres allocated to each craft shall be transferable to other crafts depending upon the take-off of the scheme in each craft. A minimum of one and a maximum of five training programmes per craft shall be considered for the six-month duration.
Eligibility Criteria for Karkhandar Scheme in J&Okay
- Pass out meritorious trainees from coaching centres run by Handicrafts and Handloom Department or ex-trainees. However, such circumstances shall not be utilized within the case of languishing crafts.
- A minimal of 5 trainees for an recognized small Karkhana and a most of 10 trainees far recognized massive Karkhana.
Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme Methodology
- As talked about in Annexure A, meritorious pass-out trainees or ex-trainees of the departmental coaching centres can be recognized and motivated to go for registration underneath Karkhandar Scheme.
- Registration playing cards can be issued to such trainees.
- Bank accounts of trainees can be opened underneath Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Complete database of the recognized trainees can be maintained, together with Aadhar quantity, EPIC quantity, checking account quantity.
- As talked about in Annexure B, registered Karkhanas or Karkhandars who’re keen to enrol ex-trainees or pass-out trainees of their Karkhana can be recognized by the Handicrafts and Handloom Department.
- All needed logistics within the form of instruments, tools, looms, uncooked materials, house, and so forth shall be supplied by the recognized Karkhandar. These Karkhandars shall be supplied with a lump sum of Rs.25,000/- per batch in two instalments for the expenditure of all logistics to run the coaching program efficiently.
- Upon profitable completion of the course, the trainees can kind Cooperatives and all of the requisite assist or steering can be supplied to them to achieve the target of the scheme.
Financial Assistance Provided underneath Karkhandar Scheme
- Rs. 2000 can be paid per trainee per thirty days. However, the stipend can be paid in two instalments– Rs. 1000 can be paid by way of a person checking account and the remaining quantity shall be disbursed on the profitable completion of the probation or sensible coaching session.
- Rs. 2000 per trainee per thirty days can be given to Karkhandars for Logistic Charges in addition to an honorarium to meritorious trainees. These, nonetheless, will solely be disbursed after assessing that the trainees have achieved the specified degree of abilities. The trainees can be evaluated by way of an accepted qualifying framework devised for ability up-gradation degree.
Other main schemes such because the Artisan Credit Card Scheme and Scheme of Financial Assistance to the Cooperatives have already been launched to spice up the craft trade of J&Okay, particularly to the languishing crafts.
Jammu & Kashmir Karkhandar Scheme Methodology
- As mentioned in Annexure A, meritorious pass-out trainees or ex-trainees of the departmental training centres will be identified and motivated to opt for registration under Karkhandar Scheme.
- Registration cards will be issued to such trainees.
- Bank accounts of trainees will be opened under Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Complete database of the identified trainees will be maintained, including Aadhar number, EPIC number, bank account number.
- As mentioned in Annexure B, registered Karkhanas or Karkhandars who are willing to enrol ex-trainees or pass-out trainees in their Karkhana will be identified by the Handicrafts and Handloom Department.
- All necessary logistics in the shape of tools, equipment, looms, raw material, space, and so forth shall be provided by the identified Karkhandar. These Karkhandars shall be provided with a lump sum of Rs.25,000/- per batch in two instalments for the expenditure of all logistics to run the training program successfully.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the trainees can form Cooperatives and all the requisite support or guidance will be provided to them to attain the objective of the scheme.
Financial Assistance Provided under Karkhandar Scheme
- Rs. 2000 will be paid per trainee per month. However, the stipend will be paid in two instalments– Rs. 1000 will be paid through an individual bank account and the remaining amount shall be disbursed on the successful completion of the probation or practical training session.
- Rs. 2000 per trainee per month will be given to Karkhandars for Logistic Charges as well as an honorarium to meritorious trainees. These, however, will only be disbursed after assessing that the trainees have achieved the desired level of skills. The trainees will be evaluated through an approved qualifying framework devised for skill up-gradation level.
Other major schemes such as the Artisan Credit Card Scheme and Scheme of Financial Assistance to the Cooperatives have already been launched to boost the craft industry of J&K, especially to the languishing crafts.
Goals of Karkhandar Yojana Jammu & Kashmir
- The Karkhandar Scheme’s main aim is to provide support to the crafts section which has been struggling for a long time and to appreciate their efforts and provide them a good living.
- To provide good training ton the trainees and to improve the learning methods, to modify the methodology and the techniques used by the artisans.
- To improve the daily salaries of the artisans and craftsmen by grouping them and making more money out of the crafts that they are involved in.
- To work together with the producer organizations to induce the skills of the business mindset of the craftsmen and teach them special tactics required to survive in the market.